Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Taking Drastic Measures!!

Over the last few weeks, I have really been struggling with Peyton chewing on everything. He has decided to chew and eat his bed. I bought a gummie rail cover, and it worked for a couple weeks. Then he started to pull the gummie up off the bed, to get to the wood. He is a mess!!! My mom, sister and I decided to come up with our own bed rail cover. The covers are hard to find when you do not have a standard bed rail. We bought some soft fabric, and placed foam in it. Then we tied the foam tubes to his bed. So far so good. I bet though in the next few days, he will figure some way to untie the ribbon to get to the wood!!!


4 comments:

Aunt Carol said...

Try getting him some doggie chew toys!!! :) Just kidding. I've never heard of a kid doing that. (SORRY!) That's wild. I know you don't think it's funny, but it kinda is! :) Hope the new cover works. Of course, as smart as he is he probably WILL figure out how to untie them. Maybe you should knot the ties. Keep us posted on the teething. :)

Love,
Aunt Carol

Shari Hansen said...

My bet is he'll have this figured out in less that a week! I agree with Carol -- put knots in the ties (you probably already did that, though.) At any rate, it LOOKS good! My vote goes to Peyton, though! He's a pretty determined little man!

Love,
Aunt Shari

TexasNeals said...

HA! i love it! :) seriously mindy, i bet you could sell those and make a killin'! so many cribs are sleigh beds! you are so creative...and talented!

stacey

laura said...

Great thinking Mommy! And if by chance he does figure out how to untie them... you could always tack them with a needle and thread, sturdy enough to keep them on, but simple enough to where you could cut the thread to take them off when you're ready... oh the ways we mommies have to use our brains after kiddos :)