Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 14, 2006

29 week scare

This last week, Mindy had been having some tighteness in her tummy, which we thought were just Braxton and Hicks contractions (I guess that's how you spell it). Anyway, these contractions are common and are suppose to be just giving the uterus "practice" before the true contractions. Well, when Mindy started her new assignment at her school, the B&Hs contractions got more frequent and we started to be concerned. Mindy called our doctor early Friday morning and they asked us to come in immediately. Needless to say, we spent the weekend at the hospital. Mindy had to be given an IV with Magnesium Sulfate to slow down the contractions. It wasn't until Saturday morning, when her contractions were just 2 minutes apart, that they "upped" her dose and gave her an ambien. This was around 2 am Saturday. This finally stopped the Cs all together. We stayed until Sunday morning for her Cs and Peyton's heartbeat to be monitered. She did have a few Cs, but not significant enough to warrant attention.
Mindy is home now. My mom came down from Oregon to help watch Mindy (as she is a retired RN........) and watch me, I guess...(I'm pretty confident, but I prefer to watch Peyton born, not do it myself) Thanks to Lez and Scott who were very helpful while we were at the hospital. Scott, you're the best b-i-l. (He brought me a 12-pack......coke, jerky and gardettos...only a man knows how to take care of a man's tummy)
All is good so far while we've been at home, Mindy has had around 12 Cs in just 24 hours..... just 2 that were longer than 30 seconds (which they tell us are real Cs) So please keep us in your prayers as we thank God for every 24 hours Peyton stays a 'cookin. I know a lot of us are excited to see Peyton, so here is a sneak peek of our baby boy's features. (He's a big boy for 29 weeks!.......a big boy with a big nose!!!!)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That is an amazing ultrasound--it kind of blows my mind, it's so much like a real picture. Peyton is a gorgeous boy--but that's no surprise with such good-lookin' parents.

I saw Randi at Corey and Kelsey's wedding (it was so great to see her again!). She told me about your scare, and I'm so glad to know that things are looking up. It's amazing what they can do for preemies (Ty was born at 30 weeks, 3 lbs. 5 oz., and he has no complications from his early arrival), but it would be so much nicer if Peyton can stay put till October. I'll continue to pray for Mindy's health and Peyton's full-termitude.