Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A Mother's Pain

This last week has been a really rough week for Dwayne, Peyton and I. Peyton has been sick since last Wednesday. It started with just a fever, then went to coughing and a stuffed up nose. He was so miserable, and not sleeping at night. We went to the Dr. last Thursday and the Dr. check for everything. He just said it was a little cold. Well, the fever continued through the weekend. I was getting concerned that it was more than just a cold. I took him back to the Dr. yesterday and he has an ear infection. I felt horrible for him. Last night was the first night that he slept in his own bed in a week. We are all tired and now Dwayne and I are having allergy troubles.

This has just really been a challenging week for me as a mom. I hate seeing my child hurt and not feel good, and he is unable to communicate what it wrong. Their was lots of cuddling and " I want Mama" from Peyton.

Today he is much better. He has had 3 doses of the antibiotic. He has been fever free all day. I am hoping to be able to get him out in this beautiful weather.

Watch our blog on Friday. I have my 20 week ultrasound. Hopefully we will find out the sex of the baby!!

Hope all is well with everyone!!

2 comments:

Grandma/GG said...

Feel so sorry for all of you. Understand Grammy has been sick, too. What is going on in Houston? Probably what is going on all over the country. Anyway, glad things are finally on the mend. Aunt Carol is excited about seeing everyone this weekend. Hope Terri is up to a little visit. Don't know what was wrong with her. Carol didn't say. Sure hope she is feeling better. Am anxiously waiting for your blog on Friday. Hurry, hurry, hurry!!!!
Kisses for sweet Peyton and for you and Dwayne, too.

Love you,
GG

Shari Hansen said...

I'm so sorry Peyton is sick! That seems to be the case all over the place. Taylor called me this morning and said that she was home with Mason and he has the flu. I could hear him in the background kind of moaning "Momma, Momma". It was so pitiful! You know they don't understand what is going on -- they just don't feel good. It's so sad! I'm glad Peyton's feeling better and I can't wait to hear what you are having! Take care -- we send you lots of love!