Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Three Baby Boys and 4 shots!!!

Yesterday was not a fun day. We took the boys together for their 2 year and 2 month old Dr's appointments. I wanted to get it all done in one day and just get it over with.

Okay, Peyton is 28 lbs and is 34 inches tall. He is now finally in the 50th % for weight and height. He did okay. He did not want to lay on the table. Dwayne held him while the Dr checked him out. He kept saying "bye bye dr".

Brady, Brady, Brady!! Here we go. He is a whopping, are you ready, 13 lbs 11 ounces, 24 inches tall. I was amazed. I figured he was around 13 lbs, but not close to 14 lbs. He is in the 90th to 95th % for weight and height. The Dr. said he is definitely not malnourished! He has almost doubled his birth weight in 9 weeks. He is breast feeding great every 3-4 hours during the day and goes 5-6 hours at night.

Okay for the 4 shots. Well, Dwayne got his flu shot for which he did not want because he was afraid that he was going to get the flu. Right before he was about to get his shot, he said " um, I have not had anything to eat today". I said, "what does that matter, it is just a flu shot. It is not like giving blood." Dwayne said, "I know, but I have fainted before with shots". Okay at this point I am thinking oh my, here I am with my two crying children at the Dr's and my husband is probably going to be flat on the floor because of a FLU SHOT!!!! What a Baby!! And that is when I said to myself that I have 3 baby's with me today. So, on with the story. After he told me he may faint, I pulled Peyton's cheerios out of his bag and handed them to Dwayne. He ate some and said he would probably be fine!!
He was fine. He went first, and then Peyton got the flu mist in the nose and one shot. He cryed but mainly because he had the sit on the table. Then Brady went last and got 2 shots (poor baby).

It was an adventure, and we all survived even Dwayne!

3 comments:

Grandma/GG said...

Like I said - Poor Dwayne. Glad he went ahead and got his shot. Can't believe he thought not eating would have any affect on the shot. Oh well! Guess we will all try anything to get away from a shot. That is a great story.

Love you,
GG

Kathy Seeber said...

What a great story! Yes, I do remember when Dwayne shocked us all and fainted at age 14. He totally took the pediatrician, his Mother (me) and his sister Randie off guard when he started walking down the doctors office hallway and next thing we knew we heard a big crash and he hit the side of the wall and was in a heap on the floor! I am glad he survived this shot! What a fun story to remember and tell Peyton and Brady when they get older about Daddy getting a shot with them! Love, Mom

Kathy Seeber said...

What a great story! Yes, I do remember when Dwayne shocked us all and fainted at age 14. He totally took the pediatrician, his Mother (me) and his sister Randie off guard when he started walking down the doctors office hallway and next thing we knew we heard a big crash and he hit the side of the wall and was in a heap on the floor! I am glad he survived this shot! What a fun story to remember and tell Peyton and Brady when they get older about Daddy getting a shot with them! Love, Mom